Sunday 24 July 2016

Pile It On! Challenge - Shaker Element

It's time for a fun new Pile It On! Challenge...this fortnight the theme is:

'Include a Shaker Element'

Our sponsor this month is Paper Sweeties:
Prize - a $25 Gift Certificate to the Paper Sweeties store!

I picked a cute Penny Black stamp called 'Wishes for Kisses' to use on my card...colouring the image using watercolour pencils. To create my shaker element, I cut an aperture in a piece of white card using the largest of my circle Nesties, then taped a piece of acetate behind it. I attached some 3D foam tape all around the edges, making sure that there weren't any gaps, then placed a mixture of sequins and beads (from Clearly Besotted...the mix I used is called 'Crystal') in the centre. I glued a few sequins to my coloured image...so that there would still be some 'falling snow' when the card in stood up...then attached the image panel behind the aperture sealing all of the sequin mix in place. I then mounted this all on to my card blank.


Here's what it looks like once shaken up:


Here are the challenges I've piled on:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. So very cute. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab crimbo card Helen, lovin the shaker style :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card Helen. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and my all time favorite - you work with the perfect images for shaker cards. Love your makes Helen!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww cute! I LOVE shaker cards and this is utterly gorgeous Helen. What a fabulous stamp and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Outdoors' challenge. I'm so glad you did. Come and play again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some hedgies and your shaker card is adorable. Thanks for joining in our challenge no. 114, Lots of Sparkle, at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again, Helen! This is another fab Christmas card, the PB hedgie is adorable! Thanks for joining in again at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg... so very sweet! Love this beautiful shaker and the way the white frame around it just draws you in...Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your cute shaker card in the recent Sweet Stampin’ Outdoors Challenge! We've just opened a new challenge - Christmas in July. I hope you'll participate in it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x