Tuesday 22 September 2015

Wireless Birds!

This theme of this week's Less is More Challenge had me scratching my head...and after a rummage through my stamps...I had a 'light bulb' moment when I saw this Penny Black 'Par Avion' stamp! With a little bit of careful masking, some doodling, a computer generated sentiment (and a bit of lateral thinking!), this is what I came up with:


I covered up the 'wire' that the chickens were standing on before inking up the stamp...then added a couple of hand drawn telegraph poles...minus the wires...then printed a sentiment along the bottom. This card would be perfect for my Dad! Ha ha!

Challenges for this card:


13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - very clever design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card and great lateral thinking!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super original creation. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz Dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever design - glad you explained your process for me! A great take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tee Hee indeed, love your clever card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous! you are so very clever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Helen mainly because you 'cracked' what I didn't manage.
    I made so many attempts at wireless birds that I gave up in the end / ran out of time!
    Yours is perfect though and brilliant little Christmas birds. thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen this is blooming genius! Love the idea, the sentiment and the card!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really made me smile Helen, it's SO clever and really fun!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen, this is just an amazing card. So funny, and clever how you created it.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee Hee! Very funny and cute card! Adorable design! Thanks for playing along with us this week during our special Stamp It challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge for our ‘P is for Peacock, Pelican or any other bird’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x