Saturday 12 September 2015

Not Quite Midnight in Bethlehem!

I have another Christmas card to share today...although it didn't turn out quite how I'd imagined! I used this 'Bethlehem Nights' stamp (by Stampendous) a few weeks ago stamped and embossed in black on this card...just to test it out, but what I really wanted was a dark midnight blue inkpad as I thought that the black was too harsh. Anyway, I went on a hunt for a suitable inkpad, and picked up a dark blue pigment one in Hobbycraft. In the packaging in looked really dark...almost black...but as you can see...it's not exactly 'midnight' blue!


I thought I'd turn it into a card anyway (one more for the Christmas box!) and after I'd heat embossed it using clear embossing powder, coloured the houses using 'Pumice Stone' Distress Ink, and the stars using a gold marker pen. I matted it on to  piece of navy card that I had stamped and heat embossed my Hero Arts 'Magical' background stamp in gold on...colouring the edges of both layers using the gold marker pen again.

So...I'm still on the lookout for a really dark blue pigment inkpad - do any of you have any suggestions???

Challenges for this card:


5 comments:

  1. I think the blue looks fab even though it wasn't what you expected. I really like how you have left a space and stamped your sentiment in the same colour.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering Crafty Friends ‘B is for…’ challenge with your lovely Christmas card, such a great image... hope you can join us again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great stamp. Now that I go back and see the card you were casing I can see how it was done. Didn't realize the sky was part of the stamp.I love the contrast that you achieved with the two blues too. The gold edging is lovely also. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Helen, not sure about the dark blue pigment ink, but you could always stamp in Versamark and use a dark blue embossing powder. SNS carries one called Nautical for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely card at our Crafty Friends Blog!
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Xxx Linda DT-CF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x