Tuesday 26 June 2012

Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Summer Holidays

Guess what??? I was asked by my lovely blogging friend Francesca, if I would like to join the DT for the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge...and as I love digging in my stash to use those older less shinier items...I jumped at the chance...so, today I'm sharing my first DT project for the challenge, where the theme is:

'Summer Holidays'

We are sponsored for this challenge by Robyn's Fetish


The prize is 5 Robyn's Fetish digi stamps of the winner's choice!

I've used an adorable Lili of the Valley bear stamp called 'Deckchair Dreaming'...which I've had since the stamp first came out...coloured using watercolour pencils to match the pastel shades of We R Memory Keepers 'Whiteout' papers. I used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots', 'Perfect Paisley' and 'Moroccan Screen' folders for the embossing...then sanded over the raised areas to reveal the white core. I distressed the edges a little, then added a sentiment (from the 'Sending Sunshine' set by Simon Says Stamp) and some little sequins that came with a Hero Arts mini stamp set. I think the papers are the newest item I've used on my card...and I got those for my birthday last August!


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge.

This is a 'Two Post Tuesday', so I'll be back later with my DT post for the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge.

PS - I have candy on offer at the moment...click here to find out more.

24 comments:

  1. This is very pretty and we all need to use up old stash lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Helen beautiful card the image is soooo sweet and yout layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect way to spend a summer's day - I guess your Lili bear is holidaying abroad, lol!! Gorgeous card hun. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely image and a really sweet card Helen. Lovely to have you on the DT, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Helen - welcome onboard hun - great to have you join us.
    Your card is uber cute and what a perfect image for the theme.
    Have a fab day.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, well done on your new DT position.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love that image.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card,really cute immage. LOTV stamps are lovely and great to use. Your papers are very pretty, it is a thought to cut them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and i love the embossing
    Fab to have you on the team
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. Beautiful character. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous first card hun, love your embossing and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful first card, so glad to have you on the team Helen.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for playing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Helen. I love that summery bear on the beach. Love the embossing and the added details. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday and saturday for some new challenges. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card and love the layout! thanks for joining us at craftycatz this week
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and perfect for our challenge at crafty catz this week
    lindax

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow what a lovely card. congratulations by the way lol. thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card! Lovely colours and super cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Helen sorry I'm so late getting around to commenting on your first OBAG DT card and what a little stunner too! I love this image I'm ashamed to say I ahven't got around to inking mine up yet!
    Welcome to Oldie officially and fabulous work Hunny
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this sweet image and what a great card. Thanks for playing at TG.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very precious! Thank you for playing our "photo Inspiration" challenge this week at Critter Sketch.
    Hugs,
    Georgia
    CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adore the embossing and the bear, makes for a pretty card...thanks so much for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight... x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a very cute sweet card great image.

    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x