Saturday 20 August 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Make a Scene

Please scroll down for my Penny Black Saturday Challenge DT post

*********************************


This week it's Wendy's turn to choose the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, and she has chosen:
'Make a Scene'
(Create a scene on your project, either using stamps, digis, die cuts or a mixture)

I started by making a snowy night sky using Distress Inks (Chipped Saphire, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans & Weathered Wood), the added torn strips of white card  to the bottom to look like snow...I added 'Polar White' Flowersoft and Glamour Dust to the torn edges. I used my new tree die (it's by Marianne Designs Creatables) to cut the trees...it was a birthday gift from my lovely friend Pauline...I sanded them to add a little dimension, then added more Flowersoft 'snow'. The adorable bear is a digi stamp from Pollycraft called 'Bronson & Beaker Star Gazing'...I coloured him using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut him out...adding a star to one of the trees instead. The star and little snowflakes were cut using Cuttlebug dies.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Staurday Challenge.

19 comments:

  1. Aww how pretty, love your Christmas scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable and love the new trees, have a great weekend
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Your scene is adorable.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Helen

    this is gorgeous, love the little scene you created for him.

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love how you have used the trees and what a fab scene :-) totally cute card!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scene. Love the torn paper :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic Helen...and thanks for joining us at tpc too...

    have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those trees! What a beautiful winter scene!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card love the image and the christmas trees where stunning too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet image and love the Christmas scene.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that sweet scene Helen. Lovely trees and image.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm quite fond of this serene scene you cr8'd here. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your scene creation Helen! I purchased this die last year and still haven't used it! ugh! gotta use it! it's so cool! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful scene - love the scattering of snow.
    Thanks for joining our 'christmas' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable scene, Helen, and I love this new tree die. What a sweet bear. Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness so many entries at the Hall this week - didn't we just know that our followers would love the theme of something new.
    My goodness this card is really stunning - love the scene you have created. Perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what can I say this is just gorgeous Helen, I love the layout its awesome,


    So Sorry this comment is a bit late I have been having Silent Migraines ( eye flashes) so I haven't been on the Computer that much,

    have a lovely Thursaday,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x