Wednesday 29 September 2010

Indian Summer

Today's card is something a little different for me...no cute image...shock horror! lol

I recieved this gorgeous stamp ('Irises' by Penny Black) in the post at the weekend...it was a prize I won on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge a while back - thanks girls! I have quite a few lot of Penny Black stamps in my collection, but they are nearly all 'cuties' and there's only one floral stamp amongst them...and not any of the 'brushstroke' type ones, so I was eager to have a play with this one straight away!

I've made this card for the 'Indian Summer' themed Penny Black Staurday Challenge. I took my inspiration from the gorgeous BasicGrey paper...from the rather appropriately named 'Indian Summer' collection. I stamped the image using Versamark on to some red paper, then embossed it with opaque white powder, to imitate the pattern on the backing paper. I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamond punch for the border across the centre of the card, and along the bottom of the image, and added a sentiment from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts.


Other challenges for this card:

16 comments:

  1. Oooo this is gorgeous ... I've had my eye on some of these stamps from PB, something different which can be used for a multitude of occasions. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the colors and the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is gorgeous!
    Love the warm colors and the details are fab!!
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is something different but it's beautiful and so elegant. Love it and well done on winning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! You do very well with cards that aren't just "cute!" Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning and so different for you - it's nice to do something different for a change - Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh check you out, elegant lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow helen this is stunning and love how you used your prize...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally Beautiful!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very nice! like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen!

    Great Card hun the colours look amazing!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Helen - the brushstroke image is gorgeous and the paper is perfect!! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooooh this is truly scrumptious!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x