Wednesday 19 May 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - K is for...

We've reached the letter 'K' at the ABC Christmas Challenge...can you believe we're already nearly halfway through the alphabet??? It's my lovely furry friend Squirrel's turn to host the challenge...and the theme is:

'K is for Kisses'

...and her 'optional extra' is to create a shaped card...ie. something other than a square or rectangle.

We are sponsored for this challenge by our very own Lacey...and her store...Stamp & Create.

Where do I buy Wags \


I decided to make a little round card using the biggest of my large scalloped circle Nesties (being careful to place the 'hinge' of my folded card outside of the die...so that the front and back would still be held together!). The adorable image is 'Mistletoe & Mice' by Gillian Roberts for Stampavie, which I watercoloured, then simply layered up with some more Nestie shapes. I then added a bow which I tied through holes punched through the front of the card.



I'm going to enter this card into Totally Gorjuss' 'Round & Round' challenge.

The rest of the design team have created some fabulous 'shaped' cards this week...so make sure you pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge to check them out. There's also some candy on offer...as an extra incentive to get ahead with this year's Christmas cards...and we have something really exciting in the pipeline too...I'd love to share it with you...but it's a secret! Sssshhhh!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful, adorable card Helen, beautiful colours and details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe this is adorable Helen, how cute is your image and the circles are fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Helen! Your image is so cute and I love your colouring and the colours you have used! A lovely round card! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen :) The image is adorable and the colours and circle shape are fab :-) Love the ribbon too ,, perfect finishing touch :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shaped card Helen and the image is oh so cute. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really cute card I love this image its soooo lovely and has a real Awwwwwwwwww value! love the shape too! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x