Friday 29 January 2010

Swirly Girly

I haven't played along at he Truly Scrumptious Challenge for a while..but I do like a bit of stitching (which is the added extra this time)...so I thought I'd have a go. I've combined it with the Just Cute Bears first challenge theme of 'One for the Girls'...the Allsorts Challenge of 'Hearts & Flowers' and Crazy4Challenges 'Pretty in Pink' theme. My 'cute bear' is Penny Black 'Dream a Dream'...and the papers are by BasicGrey - the pink one from the 'Blush' collection, and the aqua coloured one is from the 'Two Scoops' pad. I used my Cuttlebug 'D'Vine Swirls' folder for the embossing, sanding the raised areas to reveal the detail. I distressed the edges of all the papers, added some faux stitching with my Cutterbee Bug and a white gel pen, and a couple of Prima flowers.

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Helen. I love the distressing and the sanded panel. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous crad Helen, loving the adorable image and scrummy papers too. Thanks for playing along with Just Cute Bears this week.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, lovely cute image.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Just Cute Bears.
    Hugs Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the sweet bear!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Helen that has to be one of my favuorite PB bears. Such a fab card and gorgeous papers.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card helen super cute image...x


    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, thank you for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally adorable Helen - I never tire of that cute PB bear, and I lvoe you fluffy look paper edges ... bizarrely i have just asked a question about that on our chat space of you pop over ..... lol!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us at TS, your card is beautiful, the distressing is lovely.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. its great to see you joining in again Helen...beautiful card...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x