Tuesday 26 May 2009

Three Challenges in One...

I've had a productive day crafting...thanks to the awful weather...can't show you everything just yet...one card is my DT card for the ABC Challenge tomorrow, and another is for a birthday next week, but I can show you this one. I combined three challenges: the sketch from Stamp Something; the 'New Beginnings' theme of the Secret Crafter Challenge; and the colour combo of 'Light Blue or Turquoise & Brown' (although I must admit to misreading this as 'Light Blue, Turquoise & Brown'! lol) of the Stampavie Challenge. My main image is 'Garden Bears' by Rachelle Anne Miller (for Stampavie), and as the sketch is quite simple, I used layers of plain card, the main piece embossed with the 'Swiss Dots' folder, for the background. The sentiment was cut using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet, and the ribbon (just seen poking out from behind the image!) is from Hobbycraft.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its absolutely beautiful,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww cute, very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Helen this is soo cute and absolutely gorgeous, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is such a sweet card i love it
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that is so adorable Helen ... love the image and colours - v cute! Glad it's not only me who misreads things - I'm getting worse lately lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Helen, love the cute bears, and the embossed background is great. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Helen,l love the image and colour.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is gorgeous hun
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x