Sunday 9 November 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #6 meets Cupcake Craft Challenge #12


I decided to combine the sketch for this week's Cuttlebug challenge, with the inspirational photo on the Cupcake Craft challenge blog.
I've used the Cuttlebug 'Birds & Swirls' embossing folder on cream card, then used 'shimmer' chalks to highlight the detail. I've taken the colours I used from the 'inspiration' photo, as well as the idea of bands of each colour, and also the pearlescent finish. The embossed pattern is supposed to echo the floral detail running across the bed linen. The sentiment is part of an image on a stamp from a set ('Garden Wisdom') by Hero Arts, and the flowers are Flora Doodles.

Apologies for the 'smudge' on the photo - I've tried cleaning my camera lens, but it just won't shift! I'm going to send this card to my partner in this month's Friendship card swap over on the Docrafts forum.

8 comments:

  1. Helen, I love this card looks really nice and clean.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Helen - I'm sure your DC friendship swap partner will love it
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this is sooooo pretty. I love it. Thanks for nipping over to my blog too hunny. Huggs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something a bit different and I love it! I feel my Cuttlebug folders coming out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats just gorgeous, thanks so much for joining in this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Love the use of the embossing folder.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the shaded effect - great card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x