Sunday 27 June 2010

Just Cute Bears - Anything Goes!

There's no excuse or you not to join us this week at the Just Cute Bears Challenge, as our theme is:

'Anything Goes'

I've made a little box, which I've filled with the bear stamped images and embellishments I'm sending to the lucky winner of last week's 'Monochrome' challenge...but I'm not showing you the contents, as I'd like it to be a surprise for the recipient.

 

The box is roughly a six inch square, and I covered the top with scraps of BasicGrey 'Bittersweet' papers to create a patchwork effect. To give an impression of fabric, I distressed the edges, and added some faux stitching using my Cutterbee Bug and a white gel pen. I also decorated the sides of the box with more scraps of the papers. I made a tag using Nesties, and added one of my favourite bear images 'Rainin' Daisies' by Penny Black.

Here's a better view of the top of the box:



 I'm going to enter this into a couple of other challenges:
The rest of the design team have created some fabulous projects for this challenge...you can check them out on the Just Cute Bears Challenge blog.

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Helen....i want it!...lol.
    Love the patchwork effect and that PB image is so cute!

    Have a lovely day
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen this is absoloutley gorgeous I wish i ws the winner of the challenge if this is what yu get its fab i love the papers you have used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great colour combo and your patch working is fab :)I am sure the lucky winner will love it.
    Hugs Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Helen, love this little box. The patchwork and colours are fab x
    The lucky winner will love it :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fabulous Helen! I love the patchwork paper effect and what a great way of using up the little bits we just can't throw away! and such a cute teddy too.
    enjoy your day.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute box! I am sure the winner will love it.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh this is gorgeous. Love the colours and papers. Fab patchwork.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute :) love the paper patches

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Helen. The winner is very lucky lol! Love the patchwork effect. I almost used that image too.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous box Helen, and great patchwork ... did I win?!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Helen, this is beautiful! The papers are gorgeous and the image beautifully coloured. What a gorgeous little gift.

    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen, Wonderful box what a lovely gift for the lucky winner.
    Thank you for your lovely comments this month fab working with you.
    love cherie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen

    I'm absolutely loving your work. It's truly gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. such an adorable cute box helen..love your take on the challenge..thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Helen

    this is gorgeous and so well made! your friend will love the box let alone the gift! thanks for joining us at penny black saturday

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely box & that patchwork looks like fabric to me & thats a really sweet image, good luck & thanks for joing us at OSCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is tunning Helen and totally adorable - beautiful colorus and patchwork. lucky recipient of this box - i still have your little box form the ABC Xmas candy which was also adorable :-)
    thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning - I love your choice of papers. They're vibrant and definitely make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow What A wonderful card , thanks for joining in with my theme this week on One Stop Craft Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome box ;0)
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge Blog this week!

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely Pink+Brown card--Thanks for joining us at OSCC--Good luck! :)

    Have a great day,
    --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was so happy to have been the one to receive this lovely box and all the fun contents. Thanks so much! Love, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x