Wednesday 16 June 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - Half-way there hop!

We've arrived at the letter 'M' on the ABC Christmas Challenge this week...and to celebrate reaching the end of the first half of the alphabet...we're having a 'Half-way there hop'! So, to celebrate having a lovely stash of Christmas cards already, as well as a fabulous prize of  a $25 shopping spree at our lovely Lacey's Stamp & Create store, there is some secret candy hidden for entrants to this fortnight's challenge on some of the DT's blogs!

It's Lacey's turn to host the challenge, and her theme is:

'M is for Mistletoe' (or Wine! lol)
(optional extra of sewing/stitching)

For my card, I've used 'Wishes for Kisses' by Penny Black, and mistletoe covered papers from the 'Wonderful Winter' glitter pad by My Mind's Eye. I added some faux stitching using my Cutterbee Bug and a white gel pen.


I'm also entering my card into the following challenges:
Ok...so in order to be in with a chance of winning a secret candy...you need to enter this fortnight's challenge, and answer the questions on each of the DT's blogs, and the ABC Christmas Challenge...we're not telling you where the candy is hidden, so make sure you don't miss anyone out...so if you didn't arrive on my blog from Annie's...you might want to go back to the ABC Christmas Challenge, and start from the beginning.

My question is:
What is your favourite Christmas Carol?

Mine is the 'Shepherd's Pipe Carol' by John Rutter

Please leave your answer in a comment on this post...then hop on over to Jayne's blog for the next question...and a peek at her fabulous card! Don't forget, that in order to be eligible for the candies, you must also enter a project into the 'M is for Mistletoe' challenge...but as our challenges run for two weeks...you've got plenty of time!

30 comments:

  1. So gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cute image on your card Helen and the sparkle, and the faux stitches look great too! thanks for your help last night.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, cant wait to make mine this afternoon. My favourite christmas carol is "O Holy Night", I first heard it as a young girl on Home Alone but now have at least 6 different versions on my ipod lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this card Helen, adorable image and fab papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen :-) I love the image ,, very cute and just perfect for this theme ;-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Helen, such a cute hedgie :o)

    My fav carol is Silent Night.

    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Helen what a lovely image and love that background paper. Great take on our theme this week at Winter Wonderland. Thank you for playing along. Hope to see you back on Friday for our next challenge
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the backing paper and you have coloured the cute PB beautifully.

    My favourite carol is Oh little town of Bethlehem

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahha! love this card and your faux stitching looks great too!
    Cute image I love this stamp!
    hugs Samantha :0) thanks for all your help and team work on getting ½ way on our ABC Christmas blog! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, so cute! Love the adorable image and you've used a fabulous layout! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Adorable image!!
    Hmmm...my favorite Christmas Carol? I really like Christmas music (but only for a short period of time right before Christmas) I love singing Silent Night in church on Christmas Eve, we all get candles and they turn the lights off - my favorite part of it all!
    Thanks for sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so beautiful - love the image and layout just gorgeous.
    My favourite Carol (or one of them) is 'Little Donkey' it brings back memories of many school nativity plays where Mary and Joseph make their way down the aisle and parent and kiddies are so hushed it could be a wedding.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sweet card. Love the little sparkle that comes in the DP and the sweet, lovely coloured image.
    xMarie, GD DCD Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ace card hunny, loving the sketch, and that PB is so darn cute. My fave carol is Silent Night but it always makes me cry. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card Helen, PB hedgies are just sooooo cute!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card, Helen! Your image is really cute and I love the faux stitching and fabulous layout! I an not sure I'll be able to join you for this challenge, but for fun, my favourite carol is Silent Night! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen, I love this card-the softness of the blue and the stitiching! Of course, the image is too adorable! Thanks for playing this week at DCD Christmas Challenge! Swing by my site if you like-I have some yummy blog candy up for grabs again! Hugs, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous ard Helen and I love that stiching.

    Mine is "Silent Night"

    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snap!..lol Gorgeous card, and that Cutterbee bug thingy sounds really handy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card - he is adorable.

    My favorite Christmas Carol is Oh Holy Night

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I really love all Christmas carols. I just like to sing. So, my favorites are the ones I know all the words to.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  22. your card is so sweet and delicate....my favourite christmas carol is a Dutch one called Midden in de Winternacht
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cutie!!!
    Thank you for joining us at die Cut Dreams Christmas Club! hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, really like that pretty image! Well done. :-)

    Fav Christmas carol.... Silent night.

    Thanks for sharing and love a good hop!
    hugs
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Helen
    following on from my previous comment now that I have my ABC card made.

    My favorite Xmas Carol would be not sure of title but Sleighbells ring are you listening in the lane snow is glistening.......etc

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the image you have used. PB always have really cute ones don't they. Fab stitching and BPs too.
    I think my favourite Christmas Carol is Oh little town of Bethlehem.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! Adorable image!
    My favorite song is "Glade Jul"
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  28. How adorable, i'm loving the background papers, they are fabby with the image.
    My favourite carol is 'O Come All Ye Faithful', as i used to love the bit where it gets louder in the chorus at school, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  29. OOh Mine is "Once in Royal David City".

    Stunning Card!xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card!

    my favorite Christmas Carol is "Walking in a winter wonderland"

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x