Wednesday 2 June 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - L is for...

 This fortnight's ABC Christmas Challenge is hosted by Lols...and the theme is:

'L is for Lights'
...with the optional extra of Christmas Trees

 

 Well, as I was unable to find an image with any Christmas lights on...I decided to 'adapt' one of my Christmas tree images (this one is from the 'Holly Jolly' set by Penny Black) with some cute little lights. They came on a string, but I cut them up and poked the string through holes I made on the image, then fixed them in place with tape on the back. Here's a close up:

 

The sparkly papers are from the 'Wonderful Winter' pad by My Mind's Eye, the snowflake was cut using my Cuttlebug  'Ice Crystal' die, which I then stamped with Versamark ink, and coated with holographic embossing powder. I added some star shaped bards (from Tescos) to the tops of the trees on the bottom section of the card to hold my easel part up, and the sentiment stamp is by Paper Makeup. 

Here's a side view, so that you can see the dimension of those lights...this is one card that will be delivered by hand this Christmas! lol

 

I followed the sketch from Eat, Sleep Stamp for the top part of my card, and  I'm also going to enter it into the 'Pimp your card' challenge over at Sweet Stampin'.

My lovely DT buddies have created some fabulous cards for this challenge...you can see them all on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Helen! I love your image and what you did with the lights is just brilliant! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Helen,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Helen, beautiful cute image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Helen I LOVEEEEEEE the little lights they are brilliant!! tehehehee!! love the yummi papers too! NEED those toooooo now! doh! thehheee Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love easel cards. Love the little lights they are fantastic and the image is really cute too.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous take on the theme! love the cute image and those fairy lights!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. L is for lovely. I love this card and I always love easel cards so it is a total winner for me. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Helen :-) I love this image and the lights are brilliant ,, love those :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card, I love the way you've used the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card Helen it has turned out really great. Us crafters will not be beaten, your idea with the lights is very clever. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x