Tuesday 13 October 2009

Ornamental Mouse

I've used one of my favourite Christmas colour combinations of teal & silver on this card...together with this adorable little mouse ('Xmouse Ornament' by Penny Black). I followed the Friday Sketchers sketch...keeping to the DL shape. I've combined it with the 'Buttons & Bows' theme of the Penny Black Saturday Challenge...well, in my case it's actually 'Buttons & Bow'! lol
The gorgeous snowflake paper is by My Mind's Eye ('Festive Frost'), and the lighter turquoise paper is the reverse of one of the 'Figgy Pudding' sheets by BasicGrey, which I've embossed with my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder, then sanded to reveal the white core. The little silver snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die, and the buttons are by Papermania - they were clear, but I coated them with some clear nail varnish, before sprinkling them with glamour dust for a touch of sparkle.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, i love this colour combo and the embossing looks fab with those papers and the cute mouse image.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute I just loveeeeee this mouse! great colours Helen! lovely card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, I might need to buy this mouse now....can I have some of your willpower please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the colours a scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous, such a sweet mouse and fab papers. You're so brave tearing the paper too something I have a phobia with.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen
    A gorgeous card and i love the colours you have used,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Helen. what a super card. the colour is amazing, and so eye-catching.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Helen. Great design and colours.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.Love that colour combo.
    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is totally ADORABLE!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card hun, love the sweet image and the colours you have chosen are delish!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet helen..love your adorable image and gorgeous papers....and great use of the buttons and bows...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This si gorgeous Helen - adorable mousey and I lvoe your paper and distressed embossing -fab colour scheme too. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love this little mouse.

    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... Your card is beautiful!!

    Hugs
    Doris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x