Sunday 11 October 2009

Guest Designer - Winter Wonderland Challenge

This is the second of my two weeks as a guest designer for the Winter Wonderland Challenge...where the theme is:

'Gingerbread'

I have to say, I found this challenge really tough...and was even debating whether to bake some real gingerbread, instead of making a card! lol
With no suitable stamps, I resorted to Google Images to find an outline drawing of a gingerbread man, which I printed on to some brown card. Once I'd cut him out, I inked around the edges with a dark brown chalk inkpad to add definition. I added a face and some buttons using some white Woodware 'Fluffy Stuff' to look like icing. The papers are a mixture of Cosmo Cricket ('Be Good') and My Mind's Eye ('Festive'), the sentiment stamp is by Three Bugs in a Rug, and the raffia lace is from Hobbycraft.


Make sure you stop by the Winter Wonderland Challenge, to check out the fabulous creations by the design team. I've had great fun these past two weeks...thanks girls for having me in your team! :0)

11 comments:

  1. Good enough to eat Helen! Fabulous card and well done on your guest DT slot, you've been a star. Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card Helen. I love the gorgeous colour combination, very smart.
    Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Helen. I love the gingerbread man he is so cute! The layout is great too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fab Helen! I love your Gingerbread man! You've done a great joy here ... love it!

    Thank you so much for being our GDT for the past two weeks.

    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Helen and that gingerbread man is yummy!!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful card Helen love that Gingerbread man
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a tasty little card. The gingerbread is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a difficult challenge yet such a lovely card, well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x