Sunday 4 October 2009

Guest Designer - Winter Wonderland Challenge

I'm sure that by now you all know I love making Christmas cards...so I've been looking forward to today for ages. I was delighted to be asked to a guest designer for the Winter Wonderland Challenge back in July...and finally the first of my two weeks is here! :0)

The theme for this week's challenge is:

'Sleigh Bells Ring'

I just had to use this cute Penny Black stamp (from the 'Christmas Critters' set)...as the little hedgies look like they're having so much fun! Then, buried under a mountain of papers, I found an old DCWV Christmas stack that had some papers that were just perfect for the theme. The sentiment stamp is from a Studio G set...and I couldn't resist adding a few 'jingle bells' on a jump ring to the piece of ribbon (I've had them ages...but I think they came from Hobbycraft). The snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die...and I added some doodled dots and faux stitching to finish off.


Make sure you stop by the Winter Wonderland Challenge to see the gorgeous creations by the design team...thanks girls for having me...looking forward to joining you next week too! :0)

7 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. Lovely choice of papers which co-ordinates beautifully with the image. A really nice card.
    Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card. Love those papers and the little bells.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Helen! I love the image and the beautiful soft colours!

    Thank you for being our GDT this week!

    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - love the little bells! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Helen, I have 2 weeks in December and I am so excited about it...enjoy. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable hun - cute image, lovely papers and i adore the jingle bells! Well done on this guest DT spot .. right up your street :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen

    So sorry I havent been over to say welcome for gdt over on WW I am so slack! love your card hun, the hedgies are super sweet, looking forward to seeing this weeks creation :O)

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x