Thursday 15 October 2009

Autumn Maggie

There's been a real nip in the air first thing in the morning this week...so I decided to ink up 'Maggie' (by Sugar Nellie)...she looks so cosy in her coat and scarf! I followed the Card Patterns Challenge sketch, which I combined with a few other challenge themes: the Cupcake Craft 'Buttons & Stitching' challenge; the Pink Elephant Challenge 'Fall' theme; the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 'Autumn Colours' challenge; and Stampin' for the Weekend's 'Orange, Brown & Leafy Green' colour combo. I used some more of the My Mind's Eye 'Bloom & Grow' papers...I was even brave enough to tear one of the sheets! lol
I used my 'zig-zag' CutterBee Bug to make the holes for my faux stitching, added a few buttons (from Poppicrafts), a sentiment by Doodlebug, and a star shaped brad (from Tescos) on the end of Maggie's sparkler.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen. Maggie looks very warm, and I love the torn paper LOL!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were brave Helen, but it's paid off, the torn paper looks fab. I love this Maggie stamp and she looks so snug wrapped up like that (and here's me still in t-shirt and sandals!). Fabbie card. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Helen. Lovely card, beautiful papers and I just love the torn effect, very nice. Your image is beautifully coloured and it all co-ordinates so well.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie is looking so cute, another fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Helen - i m loving the colours and the fabulous image! the buttons are a fab embellishment
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen, love the papers and fab image
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the torn edges and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake crafts this week.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen, what a cute card. Love the image and the star looks fab. The papers are gorgeous and the buttons and stitching are perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card. I love this image you've chosen and the papers are great.

    Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week. Good Luck!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable Helen! That image just makes me smile. I love the trio of buttons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh so cute - Love it.
    Hope you enjoyed playing in our Autumn themed challenge this week. Good luck in the draw for the prize from Wild Flower Kids rubber stamps.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, Maggie is absolutely precious. So sweet. I love the paper tearing. Thanks for creating with us at TPE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous i do love the colours you have used, great job on our theme, thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! LOVE your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x