Thursday 29 October 2009

My Favourite Things...

There's a fab sketch for this week's Inspirational Card Sketches Challenge...which I combined with the themes of a few other challenges: Daring Cardmakers and Cuttlebug Challenges 'My Favourite Things (I'll put a list at the end of this post); Our Creative Corner's 'Favourite Holiday Book/Movie' (in my case it's 'The Snowman'); and Papertake Weekly's 'Spots 'n' Stripes' challenge. I used 'Snowy' by Penny Black, watercolouring him to match the My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market' papers...and I couldn't resist adding some glitter to the fur on his hat. I used my 'Swiss Dots' folder on the reverse of the paper for the strip along the top. The ribbon is from Poppicrafts, the sentiment stamp is by Three Bugs in a Rug, and the snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die.


My Favourite Things:
  1. Christmas Cards
  2. Sketch Challenges
  3. Penny Black stamps (especially 'Snowy')
  4. My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market' papers
  5. Ribbon
  6. Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' folder
  7. Nesties - what would we do without them???
  8. Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' die
  9. Stickles Glitter Glue
  10. Three Bugs in a Rug Christmas sentiment stamp - I've used these loads this year!

17 comments:

  1. love this card that lil snowman is fab P:)
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. Lovely card. The snowman looks great with all his sparkle.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this card is just beautiful! I love it! Glad to see you at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Helen and well done on incorporating all those challenges into one card! Thanks for joining in the fun at ICS this week. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time favourite snowmen! Great card and thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a cute card.
    Really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, lovely image and beautiful MME papers yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think this is fabulous!!! love it to pieces!!
    thanks for joining in at cuttlebug challenge!
    http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Helen!! Thanks for joining us at ICS :)

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I adore your sweet card hun, the image is adorable and I love the colours you have used too!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card absolutely love that snowman and your DP really fit the bill.
    Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  12. another fab card Helen! your really storming ahead with all these cards!! WOWzzzzer! do you sleep girl?
    t ehehehe :0) just loveeeeeeee snowy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Helen this little chap is super cute! I love the colours nd paper you have teamed him with! great card
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute card; love the sparkles on the snowman! thanks for joining us this week at ics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun and festive card, love the added glitter!! sooo cute! way to go on the IC card sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I LOVE it! love that snowman! Thanks for playing along at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your card is so adorable :)
    Maggie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x