Saturday 3 October 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!

I hope you've all found the time to have a little craft today...the perfect way to spend World Card Making Day! To celebrate, the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog, is having a 24 hour challenge...to make a 'Girly Card' for Paige (the little girl who lost her arm in an accident a couple of months ago)...there's a fab candy on offer for the winner too! I've already sent Paige a card, so this card is going to a PostPals child, as I haven't sent one in a while. I followed this week's Friday Sketcher's sketch...keeping the hearts theme going through the papers, image and sentiment. The image is 'Bumble Bee' by Sugar Nellie...and if this isn't too cheeky...I know she's not technically a 'bug', but I'd also like to enter this card for the Cupcake Craft Challenge...where the theme is 'Cute as a Bug'. The papers are by BasicGrey, from the 'Blush', 'Lemonade', 'Bittersweet' and 'Figgy Pudding' collections. I embossed the pink paper with my Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder, and the two hearts (cut using the 'Concentric Hearts' die) with my 'D'Vine Swirls' folder. The sentiment stamp and little heart (used to stamp and emboss in clear powder in the top right-hand corner) are from a set that came free with a Docrafts magazine. The raffia lace is from Hobbycraft.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, what a cute card. Love the sweet image and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colours and image, and your embossing looks fab :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the shine on the wings, I so love this image and I love the colours you have used. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very beautiful! The colours, the picture, the embossed papers are perfect!:)

    Thanks for joining the special Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen :-) The image is lovely and the papers and embellies are just perfect ! Lovely card :-)

    Thank you so much for entering our challenge and I am sure a girl will just love to receive this card :-)

    Thanks for joining the special Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pups on your profile photo are just tooooo cute! :)
    HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

    Have a great day!
    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen..this ia so pretty..I just love this gorjuss girl!!

    regards
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Helen. I lvoe the image and the papers - I would never have thought to combine those sets!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us in our special Simon Challenge.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, I love the image. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and wonderful sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this card? It's stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x