Saturday 17 October 2009

Exciting News!!!

I've been chosen as the new design team member for the

I've been bursting to tell someone since I found out earlier this week...but they made me promise to keep it a secret until today! I'm so excited to be joining the fabulous design team...I love their challenges...and am really looking forward to working with them. In fact I was so excited...I couldn't resist having a quick play and making a card for this week's challenge! The theme (chosen by Mandy) is:

'Dig Deep' - (use an old stamp or image)

I decided to use the first Penny Black stamp I bought...'Carolling Chickens'...nearly three years ago...since then I've become addicted to stamping...and Penny Black stamps! I haven't used this stamp yet on this year's Christmas cards, so I thought it was about time I inked it up. I've kept this card quite simple...I don't normally craft mid-week...so had to keep it quick. The papers are by My Mind's Eye ('Festive Frost'), the sentiment stamp is by Studio G, and the raffia lace is from Hobbycraft.


The rest of the design team have created some real stunners...so make sure you pop over to the Secret Crafter to have a look before you dig out those forgotten or neglected stamps and images.

17 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful with so much character. Love the designs and colour combo. Have a great Saturday.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Helen on joining the DT. Wow your card is gorgeous. I need to buy minds eye papers. Look forward to seeing your creations.Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOhh congratulations Helen :-)I'm looking forward to seeing your creations :-)
    I love this card ,, those chickens are sooo cute :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen, love both the iamge and papers. Congratulations and welcome to the team!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you! In this way we see every week your creations! I love them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen. Lovely card. I adore the image and the layout of the card is great.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love those papers. Huge congrats on your DT post, you'll be brilliant :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to have you on the team Helen! Love your card and look forward to seeing all your creations for the SCS challenges.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Helen, love the image you've chosen. Welcome to the team and well done for making your card in time for this weeks challenge. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww congratulations Helen so pleased for you hun, welcome to the team. your card is gorgeous and I love the image hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card & news!

    Congrats Helen I'm really pleased for you x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations ont your DT-place! Your work is GREAT!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS HUNNY!! That's fab news, and much deserved, you are a real talent. Great card too, those chicks are brilliant. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good evening Helen, wow what a totally stunning card my friend, and congratulations on making the DT, im not surprised though your work is so lovely! well done you, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Helen on joining the DT - well done hun!! Very cute card - love your gentle colour scheme with the cute chickies!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and welcome to the team. Love the your card, they're so cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Helen, so sorry I haven't popped by sooner...its been a bit of a hectic week...I just wanted to say welcome to the Secret Crafter DT, its great to be working with you, your cards are amazing especially this one...love the image and the fab elements you have used...I can't believe its time for another challenge tomorrow lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x