Wednesday 28 October 2009

Ice Dance Dog

My lovely friend Cathy created the sketch for this fortnight's Dutch Dare Challenge...so I just had to have a go - thanks Cathy...it's fab! :0)
I've flipped it to create a Christmas card, which I'm also entering in the Winter Wonderland's 'Open Theme' challenge. The image is 'Ice Dance Dog' by Penny Black, the papers are '29th Street Market' by My Mind's Eye...not meant for Christmas, but I think the frosty colours work. I embossed two pieces on the reverse side using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' and 'Snow Dots' folders, then sanded them to reveal the white core. I then distressed all of the edges, and added some adhesive pearls and organza ribbon from my stash. The snowflakes were cut using a Cuttlebug die.

9 comments:

  1. Loving all the cards you've made over the last few days Helen, patricularly 'white christmas'.
    Fabby!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless his tiny frozen toes! Fabulous card babe, loving that puppy lots. Oh it's just all so festive, brilliant! And if it's our Cathy's sketch I'm just gonna have to have a go at it too. Ooh, must say, your colouring of pup is superb. Hugs hunny, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute Christmas card Helen. I love that ickle doggy and embossing.
    Thank you so much for such a fab take on my sketch, and for joining in the DDCC this week.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Helen, I do like the distressed embossing it looks fab.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card - love the image. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is soooooo cute!!! love it!!
    hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gorgeous card! And I agree ... your non-Christmas papers work really well. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image - love the card!
    Thanks for sharing at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Helen.
    Love the beautifull coloured papers, all the embossing and funny image.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x