Wednesday 12 June 2024

ABC Christmas Challenge - L & M are for?

We have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Marie is the host, and the themes are:

'L is for Lanterns'
&
'M is for Music'

The prize for the lucky winner is this cute 'Santa  Activities' die set from Sizzix & Olivia Rose:


For my 'L is for Lanterns' card, I used a Crafter's Companion stamp from the 'Moonbeam Meadow' collection called 'Christmas Delivery'. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, along with one of the matching sentiments, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. The papers are from a pad from The Works...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


On my 'M is for Music' card, I used a Penny Black image from the 'Christmas Hugs' set, stamping it on to watercolour paper along with a sentiment from the 'Carolling Chicks' set by Stamping Bella, then coloured it using watercolour pencils. The papers are a mixture of Folia Paper 'Geomentrics' (the pink & stripey ones), and Poundland 'Pure Frozen' (the aqua snowflake one). I distressed all of the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Both of your cards look like sweet little quilts, and the pink and aqua one is just adorable with it's carolers all bundled up. Thank you for sharing these with us for our color week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable cards - as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute! The two kittens are so beautifully colored and sing their Christmas song so wonderfully. And those are really beautiful colors. It's not the usual thing for Christmas, but I love these colors. Great matching design papers too. And I love your stitching.
    Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge with your beautiful Christmas card.
    Thank you, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and fabulous combination of patterns and elements... I especially love how you've used the colors and patterns to emphasize the themes in that adorable stamp! So pleased you could join our celebration of patterned paper at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Gorgeous cards Helen :-) both are absolutely fabulous! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Please email us.
    simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x