Sunday 12 March 2023

Sweet Snowman

I have a Christmas card to share today, that features a cute Penny Black snowman stamp called 'Sweet Snowman'. I stamped him on to watercolour paper, extrended the line of the snowy ground a little each side using a black gel pen, then coloured him using watercolour pencils. I added a sentiment (from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous), then carefully cut around the top of the image. I made a simple background for the snowman by embossing a piece of watercolour effect paper (from the 'Mystery Marbles' pad by Craft Sensations) using an old Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder...sanding over the raised areas to reveal some of the white core.


Challenges for this card:

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie, Helen - that's the fuzziest hat and scarf EVER! Love the fun colors so much! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute snowman, definitely wearing some warm things for winter! Really love the background too! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card! The snowman is adorable and beautifully colored. I’ve always loved the look of sanding embossed paper and that snowflake pattern is perfect for your snowman. It’s soooo sweet! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the Christmas cards all year long and this one is over the top. Your embossed background really makes this cutie snowman pop! Thanks for sharing on Polkadoodles Crafting, UK. Pam - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute penguin and I love the shading on this wonderfully large snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Dry embossing is my favorite technique, and I love the fluffy snowman!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
    Debbie - SCC DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x