Wednesday 11 May 2022

ABC Christmas Challenge - J & K are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Wei is the host, and the themes are:

'J is for Joke'
(Funny/Punny Sentiment or Humorous Image)
&
'K is for Kraft'


The prize on offer for this challenge is a $10 My Favorite Things gift card from Wei:

For my 'J is for Joke' card, I combined a few of the critters from a Lili of the Valley set of 'Carol Singers' stamps...masking the central mouse image...to create a little scene. I coloured them using watercolour pencils, then added a sentiment from the 'Caroling Chicks' set by Stamping Bella. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen before adding the panel to a kraft card blank.


On my 'K is for Kraft' card, I used my 'Connor's Crown Jewels' stamp by IndigoBlu...stamping it on to kraft card using a white pigment ink pad, then heat embossed it in white. I made a simple background, using my 'Collage Music Background' stamp by Hero Arts...again stamping and embossing in white on more kraft, then distressed the edges a little before layering them on to a kraft card blank.


I'm also entering these cards into the foloowing challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. 2 gorgeous cards Heken … love the cute LotV animals, and the Kraft & white combo is very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Fab makes Helen. The Kraft and white screams Christmas!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, these are both great cards!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 lovely cards, can't beat little mice lol and the embossing is beautiful, thanks for sharing your work at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh que c'est jolie Helen, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pair of cards, Helen. I love the little scene of Carollers and the white is so striking on the kraft card.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Helen. I love the cute critters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning white on kraft card Helen. I really like the elegance of your card. Thank you for entering the Candy Canes Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x