It's the first Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Dorte is the host, and the themes are:
'J is for Jewels'
'K is for Kids'
There's a fab prize on offer from Dorte for the lucky winner of this challenge:
I picked a Woodware stamp called 'Trio of Trees' for my 'J is for Jewels' card. I stamped it on a kraft card blank, using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it gold, along with the sentiment from the set. I paper pieced the trees, stamping and embossing in gold on to snippets of green card. I then added lots of adhesive 'jewels' to decorate the trees.
On my 'K is for Kids' card, I used one of the Lili of the Valley 'Christmas Kids' pre-coloured die cuts...trimming it down into a circle shape using one of my Nesties. I paired it with some vintage-y papers from the 'Jingle All the Way' pad by First Edition...distressing the edges a little and adding faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The snowflake was cut using a Memory Box die, and is held in place using an old BasicGrey brad.
I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
- Christmas Craft Creations - No Stamping (Second card only)
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Use Patterned Papers (Second card only)
- Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
- Dream Valley - Embellish It (First card only)
- Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
- Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets (First card only)
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.