It's my Mum's birthday today, and this is the card I made for her. It features one of my favourite floral stamps ('Sketched Flowers' by Simon Says Stamp), stamped on to black card, along with one of the sentiments from the same set, using Versamark Ink, and heat embossed in metallic gold. I coloured the flowers using metallic watercolours, then splattered some metallic gold paint over the top. Once dry, I added the black panel to a gold DL card blank.
The paints are only a really cheap set from Hobbycraft, but are beautifully shiny in real life...tricky to phogograph, but you get a better idea in the photo below.
Challenges for this card:
- As You Like It - Favourite Embossing or Stencilling (I don't have any stencils, but love embossing...especially heat embossing - it's just magical watching the dull powders melt and turn into something beautifully metallic or glittery!)
- Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + Sentiment
- Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Happy Birthday
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes