It's the first Saturday of the month, so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...where the theme is:
As usual, we are sponsored by the awesome 1-2-3 Stitch:
Prize - a $20 voucher!
I used a stamp simply called 'Amaryllis' to make a Christmas card. I inked up the stamp using Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Crackling Campfire & Fired Brick for the petals, and Forest Moss & Rustic Wilderness for the stem & leaves), spritzed it with a little water, then stamped it on to watercolour paper. Once dry, I inked around the image using 'Old Paper' Distress Ink, and embossed a sentiment (from the 'Letter It - Christmas' set by Ranger) in 'Metallic Gold' embossing powder by WOW over the top. I doodled a simple border using a gold gel pen, then distressed the edges a little before adding it to a kraft card blank.
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers (Christmas) - Anything Christmas Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Beautiful Blossoms
- The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.