Wednesday 5 February 2020

ABC Christmas Challenge - C & D are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Wilma is the host and the themes are:

'C is for Cats'
&
'D is for Dogs'

Image result for surprise gift
There are a couple of surprise prizes from Wilma for two lucky winners!


I made a card for each of the two themes even though I have plenty of Christmas stamps with both cats and dogs on...more cards for the box! On my 'Cats' card, I used a Penny Black image from the 'Christmas Hugs' set. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, then coloured it using watercolour pencils...adding some sparkle to the snowy ground using a Wink of Stella pen. I used a piece of patterned paper from the 'Festive Chalkboard' pad by Craftwork Cards for the background...distressing the edges a little, and adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and black and white gel pens. The sentiment stamp is from a set by Lili of the Valley.


On my 'Dogs' card, I used a stamp that I picked up recently in a charity shop called 'Just for You' from the 'Strawberry Kisses' collection by Crafter's Companion. Again, I stamped it on to watercolour paper, and coloured it using watercolourpencils, then carefully cut it out. I mounted it on to my card blank using 3D foam pads, then added a sentiment from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inpiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun pair of cards, Helen! I love the cute Christmas kitties and the clean design on the second card appeals to my aspiring CAS side. Hope you are well.

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really lovely creations, both with super images and love the difference in the backgrounds. Thank you for joining our 'Animals, birds and butterflies' challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I love your cat card (and great minds think alike, watercolouring Penny Black kitties!). The little puppy on your second card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards. So much fun. I am a dog lover. Thanks for sharing over at Always Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute Motives! Love the colorations. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i love the 3 gifts and the sweet doggo on top! and you've colored them perfectly, too, so impressive! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must apologise for this tardy visit but someone made February go too quickly!
    Your cards are as stunning as ever Helen, they are always an inspiration!
    Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Christmas Challenge!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x