Thursday 14 November 2019

Snow Dust Twofer

I have a couple of cards inspired by this month's 'Holiday Greenery' theme of the Twofer Challenge to share today...and although the 'two different occasions' rule has been relaxed this month...I decided to stick with the original formula. I used a Penny Black stamp called 'Snow Dust' to make a Christmas card, and a sympathy card.


On my Christmas cards, I started by blending Distress Inks (Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord) on to a snippet of smooth card, then heat embossed the whole stamp on top using white embossing powder. I added a snippet of torn white card along the bottom, to look like a snow drift, then added my panel to my card blank using 3D foam pads. The sentiment is from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.


On the Sympathy card, I made a loose watercolour background with Distress Inks (Broken China, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss) on watercolour paper, then stamped just the trees (minus the snow dust) in black over the top. I matted it on to a snippet of navy card, distressing the edges a little, and added a sentiment from the 'Sketched Flowers' set by Simon Says Stamp.


Challenges for these cards:

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and very elegant, I love them, those snow effects you've made are fantastic. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty designs! Love the colors on the first card and the way you tore the paper to create a snowbank on the second one. You can tell that it's a windy wintery day by the way the snow is blowing off the trees! Great designs for the Twofer challenge where I am guesting this month. So happy you joined us Twofer this month where I am guesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple, so I was immediately drwan to that card, fabulous inkblending with all those shades. I must try that combo, it's so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards, Helen. I especially love the purple and white one - just stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This stamp is one of my many NBUS stamps I was lamenting about the other day so, first, thank you for the inspiration, Helen! I love both ways you have used it on your beautiful cards! Your blending is superb and I love the scenes you have created for both occasions!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #22! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty & classy! Lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blending on your pretty purple card is amazing. A twilight scene if I've ever seen one! We've had two snows already in November that look much like your card, (but they are melting thank goodness!!). Love that you've embossed in white over those rich purples. And your sympathy card is lovely and will certainly express your caring thoughts perfectly. It's a really lovely and comforting card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly beautiful, each card is just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful cards, loving the torn entry for the LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta use of that beautiful tree stamp. Your embossing and ink blending turned out perfect! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How admirable of you to stick to the original rules and with wonderful results! Such pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful backgrounds here. I love making them and always have a stash to use. This is a simple and elegant way. Love the snowy hill and the blowing snow too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x