Wednesday 4 September 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge ...S & T are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Wei is the host, and we have two fantastic themes this month:

'S is for Sparkle'
&
'T is for Texture'

Wei has donated a fabulous prize:



My card for the 'S is for Sparkle' theme is a simple one layer card...featuring stamps from the 'Let it Snow' set by Happy Little Stampers...I stamped them, along with a sentiment from the 'Letter It - Christmas' set by Ranger, using Versamark Ink on a kraft card blank, then heat embossed them using 'Ho Ho Ho' embossing glitter by WOW.



For my 'T is for Texture' card, I dug out one of my old favourite Penny Black stamps...'Snowy', and stamped him on to a snippet of watercolour paper, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut him out. I made him a wintry background scene, and started by 'smooshing' Distress Inks on to pieces of watercolour paper...Salty Ocean, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch & Chipped Sapphire for the sky, and Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Lucky Clover, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles & Ice Spruce for the trees. I embossed the 'sky' using a falling snow embossing folder by Tim Holtz for Sizzix...then lightly sanded over the raised surface to reveal the whit core. I cut some snowy mountains using a Happy Little Stampers die from a snippet of white card, then a couple of rows of trees from the green ink smooshed paper using a Penny Black die. I used a couple more snippets of white card for the snowy ground...tearing the edges for more texture, then layered everything up, adding 'Snowy' and finally a star cut from gold glitter card using a die from a Tim Holtz set for Sizzix.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Love this pair of festive cards, Helen! The kraft card with the sparkle is so pretty and understated, and the snowy scene has my favourite snowman of all time on it so it's a winner for me.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards - love the glimmer in the first, and the bold snowy scene of the second - super cute! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so different! Love the shimmer of the first and the scene on the second is so sweet! Definitely my favorite!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is delightful Helen! One of my favourite Snowman images

    Thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card Helen! I do so love those trees. And did you know that PB now do a die to cut out Snowy the Snowman? I went mad and bought one but really freehand cutting as you did is every bit as good!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sparkle

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and great design...stunning make...thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE ...Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for bringing Snowy along to the Cutie Pies this time, he is one of my favourite snowmen!! Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Snowy is my all time favourite snowman

    Thanks for joining in at Sparkles Christmas
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x