We have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Lynda is the host, and there are two themes this month, which are:
'H is for Hang It Up'
'I is for Intricate'
There are two awesome prizes on offer from our lovely Lynda:
For my 'Hang It Up' project, I made a bauble...it's meant to be a photo ornament, but I used a couple of Penny Black snowmen (from the 'Snow Much Fun!' and 'Holly Jolly Christmas' sets) instead. I coloured the snowmen using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut them out. For the background, I cut a couple of circles from snowy paper from the 'Mystery Marbles' pad by Craft Sensations. I made the 'snow' from a mixture of white Flowersoft, Glamour Dust and white seed beads.
For my Intricate card, I decided to make a wreath from die cut snowflakes...I cut them from lots of snippets of card using a set of Tim Holtz dies for Sizzix. I stamped the sentiment (from a Ranger set called 'Letter It - Christmas') on to the centre of my card blank, then arranged the snowflakes around it...sticking some directly on to the card, and raising the others up on 3D foam pads in a variety of thicknesses.
I'm also entering these items into the following challenges:
- Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
- Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious - Anything Goes (Optional Anything But a Card) (Just the bauble)
- Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas Goes
- Penny Black & More - Going Round in Circles (Just the bauble)
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets (Just the card)
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes (Just the bauble)
- The Holly & the Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes