Thursday 3 November 2016

Watercolour Flowers

Today's card features my favourite colour...teal/turquoise blue...or rather 'Peacock Feathers' Distress Ink...with just a hint of 'Mermaid Lagoon'. I started by stamping flowers from the 'Spring Flowers' set by Honey Doo Crafts in Versamark Ink, then heat embossed them in white. I started with the larger flowers...then masked them before adding the slightly smaller ones in between to create a ring. I then added the sentiment (from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set by Hero Arts) in the centre..also heat embossing it so that I could watercolour over the top without risking it smudging. I gave a light wash of the 'Peacock Feather' over the whole card, then used it to colour the flowers...adding a little'Mermaid Lagoon' to their centres. Before mounting th panel on to my card, I inked around the edges with a little more 'Pracock Feathers' for more definition.


This card is for my Nan's birthday later this month...I stamped some simple gift wrap so that her present would match:


Challenges for this card:

10 comments:

  1. Very nice card.
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    xx Valentina DT xx
    Tinka's paper wonderlland

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic... I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card and wrap to match-bonus! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card! Love the masking and sponging! And the matching gift wrap is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Helen and I love your wrapping paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty card! And great wrapping to match!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!
    Hope to see to back again real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderfull and stunning card! I love the colors you have used. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. XX Bianca DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and I love the wrapping paper too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
    Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous card..and love the idea of stamping wrapping paper..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x