Wednesday 13 May 2015

ABC Christmas Challenge - J is for...

We have anew ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Carissa is the host, and the theme is:

'J is for Joy'

Our sponsor for this challenge is Wild Orchid Crafts
Prize - £10 Gift Voucher!

I found a 'Joy' sentiment in a cute stamp set by Simon Says Stamp called 'Furry Friends'...so used the animal stamp too. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, and combined it with papers from the 'Merry Little Christmas' pad by My Mind's Eye. I distressed all of the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The brads are by BasicGrey.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Now this card would bring me joy for Christmas, it has brought joy to my morning already! Sorry I've not been around much, hope you are ok. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fab card Helen love the papers you chose to use with this to! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want this stamp set. It´s so cute! Great colour combo and your colouring is stunning.

    Thank you for playing along with our Add A Sentiment Challenge at Loves Rubberstamps. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely charming card! And I love thinking about Christmas even when it's Springtime, so thanks for bringing back some holly-jolliness to mind. I really like your combo of patterned paper and of course, the central image is fantastic! I also could not believe that was faux stitching! It looked so realistic! You did an incredible job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas cards and this one is added to my "I love" lists!! Love these papers you chose to put with your adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Christmas card, Helen. I like those stitched edges! Thanks for joining us at 12 Months of Christmas Link-Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card, such a cute image.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator this month.
    Pauline
    x
    I'm having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the traditional colours and the lovely layout. Great use of stitching too. Thanks for joining us at 12 MOC for our Christmas Critters Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x