Sunday 17 July 2011

Pile It On! Challenge - Life is a Picnic

This week at the Pile It On! Challenge our theme is:

'Life is a Picnic'

We are sponsored for this challenge by the fabulous Simon Says Stamp

Photobucket  

The prize is $15 to spend in their store!


I had a bit of a panic when I couldn't find any suitable images in my image box, but then found this adorable little chicken stamp in my Penny Black '12 Days of Christmas' set...well, he'd be welcome at my picnic with his red wine and baguette! As the image is so small, I decided to make a tag rather than a card, and used a blank tag from WHSmith. I inked lightly around the edge of it, then added some blue colour core, and red white core card embossed with my Cuttlebug 'Spots & Dots' and 'Diamond Plate' folders - sanding over the raised areas to reveal the core. I tore the red strip, and distressed all of the edges with my scissors. Finally, I replaced the string on the tag with a piece of red, white & blue twine. Here it is being modelled by what else, but a bottle of French red wine!


Here are the challenges I've Piled On!:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please stop by the Pile It On! Challenge.

19 comments:

  1. Great Tag - nice to see something different - love this image - Thankyou for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx Kozmik xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Helen!! just perfect! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oMG helen, I love him to pieces!!!! just so cute!!!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, I have'nt seen him for a while but he has cheered my day...a great Tag, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, Gorgeous tag, I love the 2 embossed panels & super image! Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bird cracked me up, he looks great on the tag and is perfect for putting on a bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen
    A fabulous tag love the image and embossing,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great tag, and very suitable for a man who drinks wine. Thanks for taking part in my challenge at Crafty Creations this week. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Helen...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab tag, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a wonderful creation Helen, beautiful and image this is absolutely fabulous awesome colouring too,

    thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Tags Tags Tags and we hope you stop by next week and join in,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    Crafty Catz DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen! What a great tag! I love it and perfect for giving a bottle of wine! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great tag Helen. The image is so cute and I love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tag. Love how the image reflect the bottle of wine.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore this! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Stampin & Fab 'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute tag.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww this is so cute Helen, what a gorgeous image, love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x