Friday 27 November 2009

A Boy's Best Friend...

I've used another of the stamps I won in the Sugar Nellie Birthday goodie bag for this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge...this one's called 'A Boy's Best Friend'. I've watercoloured him to match the 'Papa' papers by Fancy Pants Designs. I distressed all of the edges using my distressing tool and inks, and added some Papermania brads and some garden string. For the 'extra' challenge element of 'Zig-zags', I used a CutterBee Bug to make the holes for some zig-zag faux stitching around the edges of all the papers...which also have zig-zag patterns on them.

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card, beautiful colours and fab image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful, very....whimsical, I love it :)
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs, Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image! Lovely card.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog - no probs! Loved your calendar.

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great shabby style card with a perfect image

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Helen! Thanks for joining the Sb challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Helen, I love the image and the inked edges hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!! Love the twine detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x