Thursday 25 June 2009

I've been published!

A couple of months ago, a card of mine was 'spotted' by Clare Curd in my Docrafts Gallery...and she asked me if I'd like to take part in her 'Talent Spot' feature in the Docrafts Creativity magazine...I was extremely flattered to be asked, and of course I said yes! A few days later, a package arrived filled with Docrafts goodies...Papermania papers, trims and brads, Core'dinations card, Anita's ribbons and glitter stickers, and some card blanks...with the brief to make 3 cards using only those products. Eeeek! I rarely make a card without some form of stamping, so this was a real challenge! lol

I did eventually manage to make three cards...although they've only shown two of them in the magazine feature (I'm quite pleased that they didn't show them all, as I didn't really like the other one! lol).

Well, the magazine is out now...and here's the feature (I'm in the middle of the page):


Here's a close up of my cards (and me!):


I took my own photos of the cards before I sent them off, so here are a couple of better views. The first one uses a selection of papers from the 'Jesse Edwards Boutique' range for Papermania. I made a 'gift box' out of a couple of pieces, mounted on 3D foam pads, with some of the Anita's satin ribbon tied in a bow. For the background, I used more of the papers layered up on a scalloped card blank, with some brads in the corners and some doodled faux stitching around the edge.


I used some more of the papers on the second card, together with some Coredinations card to make a 'lollipop' flower - I drew circles onto the reverse of the paper/card then tore around the lines, then I screwed them up and creased them to create a distressed look. I used a deckled edge card blank, and tore all of the edges of the card and paper layered up behind the flower which was attached using a brad. To finish, I added a length of one of the sparkly trims, and a greeting made from the glitter stickers.


The other card in the feature is the one that was 'spotted' by Clare in the Docrafts gallery...it did make an appearance on my blog a couple of months ago...so here's a link if you want any details.


Thanks Clare and Docrafts for asking me to take part...I had great fun creating the cards...and I still have some goodies left to play with! ;0)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Helen. Well done.
    Lovely cards. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and well done! All you cards are fabulous!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Helen. These cards are great. I've got the magazine but I didn't realise it was you.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a honour,
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Helen and your cards are wonderful well done.
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulaions thats great & I love the cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen you really did well! great cards love the parcel one! clever you!:0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x