Wednesday 29 October 2008

Cupcake Craft Challenge 11

I had to laugh when I first saw the theme for this week's challenge - 'There's a hole in my bucket', but it's gave me an opportunity to try out using my Nesties to make an aperture card...something I've been meaning to do since I got them. I had to keep the front of the card quite simple, as I had to attach the paper before I made the aperture - there was no way I'd have lined up all the holes if I'd tried to add it afterwards! The main image is one of last years 'Christmas Critters' by Penny Black, the paper is by DCWV ('Christmas' stack), the letters were cut using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet, and the sequins are from a pack that came with a Hero Arts clear stamp set. It was quite difficult to get a good photo of the card, but I think you can just about see through the aperture into the card in this one.


6 comments:

  1. Hi helen.Love the card.Great idea using the nestie's to create an aperture thought about this myself so now ive seen it works well i may have a go at doing some for my xmas cards this year.thankyou for the inspiration!amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card helen ... do you ahve any tips or tricks for making the nextie aperture land where you ant it on the card?? it's certainly worked brilliantly on yours
    Hugs
    Pauline X

    PS thanks so much for sending the "celebrate" card and the images - theya re wonderful and were such a brilliant surprose when i got home today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! thanks for joining in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Card, thanks for joining in this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puuurrrfect. Love the paper and the image. Really cute cars.
    Take care & keep smiling
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card, great hole!
    thanks for joining this weeks challenge,

    jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x