Friday, 31 August 2012

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Anything but a Card

This week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, we're challenging you to make:

'Anything but a Card'
(Tags, Giftbags/boxes, Gifts...anything really...just don't forget the stampin'!)

There's no sponsor this week, but there will be a surprise package for the lucky winner!

I've made some tags...I'm usually well prepared with my cards, but never seem to remember to make the gift tags in advance! I was inspired by these fabulous tags by Penny Black designer Jenyfur Pohl...and totally CASED them for some simple elegant tags. I inked plain manilla tags using various Distress Inks, then stamped some of my favourite 'non-cute' Penny Black stamps over the top, adding a sentiment, and a sprinkling of snowflakes - I'll list the colours/stamps under the individual photos of each tag.


Here are some close-ups:


Inks: Stormy Sky; Faded Jeans; Chipped Saphire; & Tea Dye
Stamps: 'Snow Dust' (Penny Black); 'Merry Christmas' (Penny Black); 'Snowflakes' (Hero Arts); & flourish from 'North Country' set (Prima)


Inks: Evergreen Bough; Pine Needles; Iced Spruce; & Tea Dye
Stamps: 'Before the Snow' (Penny Black); sentiment from 'North Country' set (Prima); & 'Snowflakes' (Hero Arts)


Inks: Scattered Straw; Wild Honey; Spiced Marmalade; & Tea Dye
Stamps: 'Holly & Globe'; sentiment (Paper Make-Up); &'Snowflakes' (Hero Arts)

I'm also entering these tags into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I published this post, I noticed that this is my 1500th post...wow...that's a lot of blogging! It's also my blog's 4th birthday in a few days time...so watch out for some celebratory candy coming this way!

12 comments:

Claire said...

These are gorgeous tags, love the colours. Hugs, Claire x

Sarah said...

These are beautiful Helen, gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our It's a Gift challenge x

Hlora said...

Тhis is just exquisite, is elegantly adorable.

have a wonderful weekend!

Sandra H said...

Wow Helen, Your tags are gorgeous and so elegant looking x

brenda said...

Really fabulous gift tags Helen and great inking and stamping.

Thanks so much for joining in my 'It's a Gift' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Elizabeth said...

Your tags are lovely and so useful - love the inking and stamping. Elizabeth

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful tags!! Fabulous work!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Kat said...

Beautiful tags Helen. I never think about doing tags in advance either!

Kat xx

Mel X said...

Hi Helen, just getting back into the swing of blogging again so hopping about and seeing all my old buddies.

Gorgeous tags!! You've tempted me try some distress inks - I don't have any but I worry I won't know where to start/what to do with them.

Hope your well chuck.

Mel X

Mynnette said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS tags, Helen! LOVE the non-traditional colors you chose and I adore the stamps, too! :)

МамаФиалка said...

very nice

Heather said...

These tags are so beautiful! I don't usually make gift tags, but after seeing these, I just might start. : )