Tuesday 7 August 2012

Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Friends

This fortnight's Oldie but a Goodie Challenge is all about:

'Friends'

Our sponsor for this challenge is:

and the fabulous prize:

I've an adorable Bugaboo Stamps image called 'Winter Birds - Friend', which I coloured using watercolour pencils...adding some Stickles to the snow. The sparkly papers are all by My Mind's Eye, from the 'Countdown to Christmas' and 'I Believe' pads. I distressed the edges a little, then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Hello Friend' set by Penny Black, and the snowflakes were cut using Marianne Designs and Cuttlebug dies, then coated with more Stitckles. Everything I've used on my card...with the exception of the digi image...is well over 6 months old.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen, love your image and fab colour. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable and gorgeous card Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card hunny, love those wee robins, the little one is so cute! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Image Helen and your card is adorable, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Helen - the image is adorable and I love the sparkle and faux stitching.
    Have a wonderful day
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, such a sweet image and love the distressed edges. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lol.. this made me chuckle.. i am into big into birds. but i must admit these are cute lol.. fab colours too
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Bugaboo I haven't clocked Helen! What a sweet image & a lovely card. Love all the red, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card! I think the distressed edges are fab details on this card, and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your card Helen, that fat bird is too darn cute!
    Sorry I', such a rubbish teammie - work is mad in the summer holidays
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen
    This is so cute, loving your choice of image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x