Wednesday, 15 August 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - P is for...

I have another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge today,where the theme is:

'P is for Paper Piecing'

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge:


Prize - a $20 gift certificate to spend at the Simon Says Stamp Store!

and

Prize - a £10 gift voucher to spend at the Ribbon Reel!

I used more new goodies on my card...the adorable image and sentiment stamps are from the 'Joy to the World' set by Penny Black. I coloured them using watercolour pencils, then paper pieced the scarves, hat and earmuffs using paper from the 'Blitzen' pad by Bo Bunny. I used the same papers on the rest of my card...distressing the edges and adding faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The blue & white twine is by Dovecraft, and the little red brads are by BasicGrey.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

Claire said...

This is just the cutest Helen. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is just adorable .. i love that cute trio and the paper piecing looks fab
Lisa x

Sandra H said...

Helen, This is so lovely x

Dot said...

So very, very cute Helen, lovely trio with the paper pieced scarves, hat and earmuffs, the papers from Bo Bunny are beautiful.
Enjoy your evening,
hugs Dorte

Zw@@n said...

Wow this is so very cute, Helen. The paper piecing is great! Love, Wilma

Samantha said...

Tehhehhehe Great card I really love the stamp so cute and the papers are fab too! hugs me xx

Kat said...

Great card Helen. That image is sooo cute and I love how you've paper-pieced their hats and scarves.

Kat xx

Time-To-Share said...

Hi Helen, lovely paper pieced card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week too! Best wishes, Trish x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
Claire xx