Wednesday 1 August 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - O is for...

I have another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge today, where the theme is:


'O is for Open It Up'
Also decorate the inside of your card

We have two amazing sponsors for this challenge:


 The fabulous Bugaboo Stamps prize is:

and

The Ribbon Girls

The awesome prize from the Ribbon Girls is:

I've made a gatefold card this time, using a couple of snowman images, that I though worked well together, despite the fact that they're by different stamp companies. On the outside, I've used a very old Penny Black image called (it took me several hours worth of Googling to find this out!) 'No Peekin' Snowman'. The paper is from the 'I Believe' pad by My Mind's Eye...I distressed the edges, then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen.The sentiment is from a Christmas set by Lili of the Valley, the snowflakes are a mixture of Marianne Designs & Cuttlebug dies, and the pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


And on the inside, it's 'Homespun Hearts Snowy' by High Hopes Stamps. The paper is the same, and the layout is similar, with another Lili of the Valley sentiment on one of the side panels, and space to add my own message on the other.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, sweet Christmas card, love those snowmen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, great card. Love the snowmen. Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card as always Helen, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch challenge and good luck. HUgs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Hunny LOVE the cute snowman hiding! love the papers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the snowmen, especially the PB one (and i have him too, wish i had known and then i could have told you the name - i usually go on to the PB stamps website and put in say snowman and it would have come up with them and then scroll down, until you find it) - great colours, layout and papers, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image, goes perfect with the open it up, very cute!! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch! ~Sharla :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in at Christmas Crafting this month. Your card is gorgeous a great idea to have your snowman out and inside love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Helen, this is super cute!! Love the snowman inside and out!

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen, what a brilliant card - love the cute images.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous Helen, love the image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is stunning Helen. Love the design with the stiching, distressing and I am awed about how you've made that snowman peek a bo;) Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss too and I wish you good luck in the challenge too. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge hun;) Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG your image is so cute! I love the snowman.

    Thanks for joining us this week over at HIMCR DT AJ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x