Friday 17 August 2012

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Make Your Own Backing Papers

This week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, we're asking you to:

'Make your own backing papers'

Our sponsor for this challenge is:


Photobucket

Prize - 2 Templates of the Winner's Choice!

The DT have aall been working with templates from Creation by AR...I'm using the 'Ornament Box Set'. The set comes with two different sized templates...I used the larger one, printing the 'box' part on to kraft card, and the bits for decorating on to white card. After cutting out all the pieces, I started decorating. I used Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles) to colour the card, then stamped a snowflake design (a Hero Arts cling stamp called simply 'Snowflakes') in Faded Jeans (on the main bauble) and Pine Needles (on the tag). For the band around the centre, I used a couple of stamps from the new 'A Bright Tomorrow' set by Penny Black...embossing them in white. I spritzed the whole lot with some 'Soft Gold' Cosmic Shimmer pigment mixed into water before I assembled it...it's lovely and sparkly in real life...but not so much in the photo. The tag was not part of the template...I just cut a plain circle with one of my Nesties.


The template was really easy to use...and the instructions very clear...with handy step-by-step photos. There's plenty of space for a lovely gift...here's a side view:


I decorated teh back too...just the same as the front:


I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long

10 comments:

  1. Love your project - just brilliant. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Helen and perfect for our challenge at Crafty Ann's, thank you for joining us,
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever, Helen - love it (Saw it at Crafty Ann and just had to come and have a closer look) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow Helen this is a fantastic project so beautifully done and a great one too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen your template is very cute!!! lovely love the blue used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation! LOVE the blue with the snowflakes! One of my favorite holiday color schemes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ornament box is so cute!! Love your embossed snowflakes; they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how did I miss this Helen its brilliant! love it! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project, great papers. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x