Saturday 11 August 2012

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Gold, Silver or Bronze

This week it's my turn to choose the theme for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, and inspired by the Olympic Games, I went for:

'Gold, Silver or Bronze'

Our sponsor this week is:



The prize is a $10 voucher to spend in the Digi Doodles store!

With all the success that Team GB have been having, I had to go for gold...and took my inspiration from all of the gold post boxes that have been springing up across the country in honour of the British Olympic Champions, giving this adorable Lili of the Valley puppy (called 'Puppy Post') a golden post box to post his Christmas cards. Not sure if they'll still be gold at Christmas...but you can find out where they are on this website...I've already spotted a couple near where I live...surrounded by people having their photos taken standing next to them! I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, and 'Soft Gold' Cosmic Shimmer pigment for the post box, then added Flowersoft for snow. I kept the rest of the card really simple, using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' and Sizzix 'Snowglobe' folders to emboss some red card, matting everything on gold mirror card. I cut the snowflakes using Marianne Designs and Cuttlebug dies.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. ubber cut hun, just love it
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Helen, great embossing. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet thi little doggie.
    Thanks for joining us a CYP.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, What a beautifully coloured postbox its stunning as is your card with great embossing too, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all that gold sparkle! Great way to honor our Olympians! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Helen...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card! The combination of red and gold papers looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! I love the embossed red background and the gorgeous gold!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card!!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable. Love that cute puppy and the golden post box is a lovely touch.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous christmas creation! Thanks for joining in this week at My Mums Craft Shop! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go, London! Great use of the gold! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x