Saturday 1 September 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Buttons & Bows

It's the first Saturday of the month, so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge, but before I tell you about that, I have a re-draw for the winner of my blog-hop candy, as the prize was not claimed...the new...as chosen by Mr Random.Org is:


Congratulations! Please email me to claim your prize.

 Ok, so on to our new challenge...our theme for September is:

'Buttons & Bows'

There are some amazing prizes up for grabs form our lovely sponsors:

'Crystal Wreath'

5 packs of buttons of the winner's choice



A4 chipboard, cards, tickets & mannequins



$20 to spend @ 1-2-3 Stitch!

I've made a Christmas card, using 'Joy Filled Stockings', coloured using watercolour pencils. The sparkly papers are from the 'Countdown to Christmas' pad by My MInd's Eye...I distressed the edges, then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The snowflake was cut using a Marianne Designs die, the button in it's centre is threaded with some twine by Dovecraft, and the glittery brads are by American Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas card Helen. They look very cute hanging in their stockings.
    I can't believe I've won your blog hop redraw! Thank you very much, what a lovely surprise!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, Wow what a fab stamp! your card is brilliant and congratulations to Lorraine enjoy your candy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Helen. Love that image and the lovely colours you've used.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness that image is fabulous and the colouring is as well! What a cute card! Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash favorite things challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cute! I love your coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x