Sunday 16 September 2012

Pile It On! Challenge - Stitching

This week at Pile It On! our challenge theme is:

'Stitching'
(Real or Faux)

Our sponsor this week is:


Prize - $10 Gift Voucher to spend at Floppy Latte Digital Designs!

I love a bit of faux stitching...so this was a lovely easy challenge for me! The image I've used is one of my oldest (and still most favourite) stamps...'Birthday Dog' by Penny Black, which I coloured using watercolour pencils. The papers are also by Penny Black...from their new 'Maddison' paper pad...I added my faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen...I find that the little pierced holes make the stitching look much more realistic.The sentiment stamp is from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts, the stars and circles were cut using Nesties, the buttons (there's two layered up) are by Papermania, and the twine is from the Ribbon Girls.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

PS - I have candy on offer at the moment...click here to find out more.
 

26 comments:

  1. oh he is a sweetie... gorgeous colours and papers too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that dog too, and lucky you for managing to get hold of those fabby papers, great layout, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun Helen!

    Thank you so much for getting trendy with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 4th year.
    I love your card. the star looks great and your sewing is beautiful. I especially love that little doggie. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card, great stitching and a super cute image...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so gorgeous hun! Absolutely love it. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Helen! Your image is so cute and I love all the stitches:-)! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card. Love the color combo and the image is really sweet. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card! Love the layout and that sneeky 2nd button hiding on top of the first! lol! Thank you for playing at Here Come The Boys Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute image gorgeous card good luck with the Here come the Boys #36 – Recipe challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Helen, it's a fab card. Great image and layout and love the colours.

    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen this is gorgeous, fabulous design, and love those papers, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the stitching you did here, adds so much detail to a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your fabulous card, what cute image.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, Helen, fab image, cheerful papers, and love the stitching. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet card - love that adorable pup and the great layout.
    Thanks for joining us for our final challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love your stitching. Great design, great colors too! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. FAB card hunny I just love it, thank you for joing us at "Here come the Boys" hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Helen, love the double button, hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Helen: Glad you could join our Challenge #22 - "Anything Goes". Your card is so cute!

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fab card, love your composition. Thanks for joining us at HERE COME THE BOYS.
    Hugs Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us in our last challenge at DDSC
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x