Friday 7 September 2012

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - CASE Your First Christmas Card

This week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long we're asking you to travel back in time, and:

'CASE Your First Christmas Card'
(Take inspiration from the first Christmas card you posted on your blog)
Our sponsor for this challenge is:

Prize: £10 Gift Certificate for Bunny Zoe's Crafts!

My blog is just over four years old...so I had to go quite a long way back in time to find mine...this card, from September 20th 2008, was the first Christmas card I posted on my blog:


I decided to use the same colour scheme, with lots of embossing, but with a different Penny Black snowman...this little sweetie is from the 'Holly-Jolly' set, and is coloured using watercolour pencils. I used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' & 'Snowflakes' folders, and Sizzix/BasicGrey 'Snowglobe' folders for the embossing. The snowflakes were cut using Marianne Designs and Cuttlebug dies.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

PS - I have candy on offer at the moment to celebrate my blog's birthday...click here to find out more.

14 comments:

  1. Wow Helen another fantastic card l love the layout and the image so beautifully done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous - love the embossing and the cute snowman. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, lovely snowman. Thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck. I hope we will see you back in our next month challenge. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card LO, the colors and that lovely snowman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the new and improved version, just gorgeous. for playing along with us at NMW Challenges, good luck Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore all the white with pops of purple!!! And your snowman is adorable! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty. Adorable image. I love the emblossing. Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions. Good luck and I hope you join us again soon. :o)

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two nice clean crisp Christmas cards Helen.

    It's great to see you at Penny Black and More challenge this month, thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute :-) Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions challenge and I'd love to see you again :-)

    Dilyana

    ReplyDelete
  10. i need to get started on christmas cards too...but i just can't find the mojo for them! you have created some wonderful looking cards here. love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Helen. Great update on your original card. I used that image on a card today too. That PB snowman is my favourite ever snowman. I love him skating too!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the purple and white are very pretty and the snowmen are just so cute! thank you so much for sharing your early christmas card with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Helen, you're cardmaking skills have improved loads but the first one is still good too! I love the colour combo of purple and white, and those snowmen are sooo cute! I love all the embossing too :)

    Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge Blog Fortnightly Challenge :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love your card Helen, love the layout and the use of purple, my fav colour and the embossing is terrific, perfect for our embossing challenge over at Forever Friends, good luck Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x