Sunday 23 September 2012

Spooky!

I have my first Hallowe'en card of the year for you today...using some stamps from a couple of Penny Black sets ('Spooky' and 'be very scared!'). The images were coloured using watercolour pencils, then cut out using Nesties. The embossed spider's web is a Tim Holtz texture fade, and I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch for the border along the bottom. 


Challenges for this card:
  • Drunken Stampers - Old Loves Die Hard (I've had all the items used on this card for at least a year)
  • Hiding in my Craft Room - Hallowe'en
  • Less Is More - Any 3 Challenges (15: Embossing, 23: Something with Legs, 24: Circles...but also fits 55: Punches or Die Cuts, 67: Use 3 Stamps, 69: Not a Square, 76: Three)
  • Lollipop - Two Different Punches/Dies)
  • Simon Says Stamp - Emboss It

12 comments:

  1. This is terrific Helen. I love the effect of the embossing.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, love this card. Great images and the embossing is fab too!
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen I just love this. So beautifully designed and all the elements work so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, Wow totally gorgeous the embossed backing is fantastic as are the images ......gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool embossing folder!!!! Glad you dusted these goodies off!!! Thanks for coming to the lounge and playing with the Drunken Stampers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card.
    I have blog candy to share xx Jan
    http://janlovetocraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card Helen
    I love tall cards, I should do them more
    Great embossing

    Thank you
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card!!!
    I love all things Halloween!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers this week!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Spooky creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
    -Sony
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the tall card. I should try that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!! I love the texture!! Thanks for playing with us at the Drunken Stampers Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Helen for being our Life of the Party recipient at Drunken Stampers!!

    Hugs

    Spike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x