Sunday, 23 September 2012

Spooky!

I have my first Hallowe'en card of the year for you today...using some stamps from a couple of Penny Black sets ('Spooky' and 'be very scared!'). The images were coloured using watercolour pencils, then cut out using Nesties. The embossed spider's web is a Tim Holtz texture fade, and I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch for the border along the bottom. 


Challenges for this card:
  • Drunken Stampers - Old Loves Die Hard (I've had all the items used on this card for at least a year)
  • Hiding in my Craft Room - Hallowe'en
  • Less Is More - Any 3 Challenges (15: Embossing, 23: Something with Legs, 24: Circles...but also fits 55: Punches or Die Cuts, 67: Use 3 Stamps, 69: Not a Square, 76: Three)
  • Lollipop - Two Different Punches/Dies)
  • Simon Says Stamp - Emboss It

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is terrific Helen. I love the effect of the embossing.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Zw@@n said...

Hi Helen, love this card. Great images and the embossing is fab too!
Love, Wilma

Desire Fourie said...

Helen I just love this. So beautifully designed and all the elements work so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Sandra H said...

Hi Helen, Wow totally gorgeous the embossed backing is fantastic as are the images ......gorgeous x

Kelli Hull said...

what a cool embossing folder!!!! Glad you dusted these goodies off!!! Thanks for coming to the lounge and playing with the Drunken Stampers!!! :)

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous card.
I have blog candy to share xx Jan
http://janlovetocraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Mandi said...

Terrific card Helen
I love tall cards, I should do them more
Great embossing

Thank you
mandi
LIM

Donna said...

Fantastic card!!!
I love all things Halloween!
Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers this week!
Donna

Sonia said...

Gorgeous Spooky creation.
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I really love the tall card. I should try that more often!

Katie Skiff said...

I love this!! I love the texture!! Thanks for playing with us at the Drunken Stampers Challenge!!

Spike said...

Congratulations Helen for being our Life of the Party recipient at Drunken Stampers!!

Hugs

Spike