Saturday, 25 June 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Embossing

Please scroll down for my Penny Black Saturday DT post :0)

 *************************************************

This week is Bea's turn to set the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, and she has chosen:

'Embossing'
(This can be wet or dry)

I've gone for dry embossing...'cos I loves me Cuttlebug! ;0)
I love the effect you get from using the embossing folders on plain white card, so used my 'Snowflakes' folder to make Christmas card...well, there's only 6 months to go! The image is 'Christmas Bunnies - Robin' by Lili of the Valley, which I coloured using watercolour pencils, then added some sparkle with 'Crystal' Stickles. To add definition to the layers, I distressed the edges using my scissors.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

16 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh I do love white on white dry embossing especially when such a cute image is added it really draws the eye to the gorgeous image
have a great weekend, I have candy if your interested
Hugs Kate xx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is gorgeous. I love the white embossing.
Clare x

Curlybear said...

How gorgeous is this, Wow I Love it love it love it, so cute and classy, I love WoW and the image is adorable,

have a lovely weekend and week,
Take care,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Wendy said...

Morning Helen,

This is gorgeous. That embossing and the distressing is fab - what a wonderful christmas card. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, Wendy x

Carissa said...

Maybe I should give an all white card another go. Yours are always so beautiful. You just have the knack for it. Hugs, Carissa

jules said...

Aaw! gorgeous card Helen!

Julie said...

this is really lovely! x

Sandra said...

I love this card the white background brings out the image beautifully........:) Sandra H

Vicky said...

Fantastic Helen..! great embossing and gorgeous image too hun...

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card - love the embossing. Hugs, Claire x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous i love the colours here so soft, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x

Kat said...

I love white on white cards Helen, especially when they're embossed. I love your Penny Black card too, it's really sweet.

Sorry I haven't been past for a few days so it's been nice to catch up with your lovely cards.

Kat xx

Fluffles said...

So cute, love it! Jx

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww this is adorable, such a cute image and love the white embossing too :)
Kelly.x

Jamie said...

Very cute card. Nice job on the coloring.
Jamie~Sew Mny DT
http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/