Saturday 25 June 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Embossing

Please scroll down for my Penny Black Saturday DT post :0)

 *************************************************

This week is Bea's turn to set the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, and she has chosen:

'Embossing'
(This can be wet or dry)

I've gone for dry embossing...'cos I loves me Cuttlebug! ;0)
I love the effect you get from using the embossing folders on plain white card, so used my 'Snowflakes' folder to make Christmas card...well, there's only 6 months to go! The image is 'Christmas Bunnies - Robin' by Lili of the Valley, which I coloured using watercolour pencils, then added some sparkle with 'Crystal' Stickles. To add definition to the layers, I distressed the edges using my scissors.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. oh I do love white on white dry embossing especially when such a cute image is added it really draws the eye to the gorgeous image
    have a great weekend, I have candy if your interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the white embossing.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is this, Wow I Love it love it love it, so cute and classy, I love WoW and the image is adorable,

    have a lovely weekend and week,
    Take care,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Helen,

    This is gorgeous. That embossing and the distressing is fab - what a wonderful christmas card. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should give an all white card another go. Yours are always so beautiful. You just have the knack for it. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card the white background brings out the image beautifully........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Helen..! great embossing and gorgeous image too hun...

    have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love the embossing. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous i love the colours here so soft, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love white on white cards Helen, especially when they're embossed. I love your Penny Black card too, it's really sweet.

    Sorry I haven't been past for a few days so it's been nice to catch up with your lovely cards.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaww this is adorable, such a cute image and love the white embossing too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card. Nice job on the coloring.
    Jamie~Sew Mny DT
    http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x