Saturday, 18 June 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Household Items

This week, it's Andie's turn to set the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...and she has chosen:

'Household Items'
We'd like to see images of things you'd find around the house on your projects.

After much head scratching over this one, I finally settled on the Penny Black image 'Here's Looking at You'...because if you're as blind as I am, glasses are definitely something you'd find laying around the house! I coloured it using watercolour pencils, and added Glossy Accents to the lenses. The papers are from the 'Wisteria' pad by BasicGrey, the sentiment is from a Studio G set, and the gold pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenge:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

13 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous choice of image and gorgeous card enjoy your weekend
Hugs Kate xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Helen
A gorgeous card love the image,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Curlybear said...

Hi Helen this is so cute I love it,

have a lovely weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Helen,
I had to laugh when I saw this. It reminds me of my Dad who leaves a pair of reading glasses in every room, but still can't find them when he needs them! The image is fab & it all looks wonderful. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Frea said...

Hi Helen, levely image and the colours are so pretty. Hugs, Frea

Sandra said...

Fabulous choice of image this is so cute...........:) Sandra H

Liesje's cards said...

Hi Helen
Your card is really nice. So cute the penny black mice.
Greetz Annelies

Little K Smith said...

Oh more adorable lil' mice! :D Think I need more PB mice! Love the gorgeous papers too :)
Kelly.x

Basslady said...

very funny image! love it!


hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Craftnut said...

great card xx

Sarah said...

Fab card Helen! That image is adorable!
Sarah xx :0)

Samantha said...

tehehhee! great card hunny! I would be lost without my glasses! There is a little something on my blog for you! xx

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love your use of glossy accents on the glasses.

Glenda