Saturday 18 June 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Household Items

This week, it's Andie's turn to set the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...and she has chosen:

'Household Items'
We'd like to see images of things you'd find around the house on your projects.

After much head scratching over this one, I finally settled on the Penny Black image 'Here's Looking at You'...because if you're as blind as I am, glasses are definitely something you'd find laying around the house! I coloured it using watercolour pencils, and added Glossy Accents to the lenses. The papers are from the 'Wisteria' pad by BasicGrey, the sentiment is from a Studio G set, and the gold pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenge:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. fabulous choice of image and gorgeous card enjoy your weekend
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen
    A gorgeous card love the image,
    hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen this is so cute I love it,

    have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,
    I had to laugh when I saw this. It reminds me of my Dad who leaves a pair of reading glasses in every room, but still can't find them when he needs them! The image is fab & it all looks wonderful. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, levely image and the colours are so pretty. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous choice of image this is so cute...........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen
    Your card is really nice. So cute the penny black mice.
    Greetz Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh more adorable lil' mice! :D Think I need more PB mice! Love the gorgeous papers too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. very funny image! love it!


    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Helen! That image is adorable!
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. tehehhee! great card hunny! I would be lost without my glasses! There is a little something on my blog for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love your use of glossy accents on the glasses.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x