Wednesday 29 June 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - M is for...

I've got a 'Mid-way Reminder' card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge for you today, where the theme is:
'M is for Monochrome'

We are sponsored for this challenge by:


With a fantastic prize of 4 Wags 'n Whiskers digi stamps!
On the card I made last week, I used my favourite colour...blue, and this time I've used one of my least favourite colours....pink! The image is from the 'Jolly Friends' set by Penny Black - I coloured it using watercolour pencils, then added some 'Crystal' Stickles to the snow. The papers are from a Heidi Grace pad (sorry...it doesn't seem to have a name on it) - I distressed the edges, and added some faux stitching with my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder for the embossing, sanding over the raised area to reveal the white core, then added a few pieces of Card Candi.


 I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
There's more inspiration from some of my lovely DT buddies over on the ABC Christmas Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! PINK! Helen how could you! thehhehehe! mind you your card is AWESOME xxxx so I will let you off! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen just love this modern take on a Christmas card.
    Thanks for sharing your blog details with The Penny Circle flickr site, if you have time we would love you to tell us a bit about yourself on the introduce yourself thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas card, love the design and that sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card love the image ....:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen-
    I really need to try this embossing/sanding technique, you make it look so nice! Lovely colour for a Christmas card. I need to start thinking outside the colour box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya hun gorgeous pink creation so pretty, thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland - I have candy if you are interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl after my own heart, as I too cannot stand the colour pink. Blue is my fave as well. That being said your card is still super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x